Video Bitrate Too High when preparing subtitles in build

Posted by Ra'up 
Video Bitrate Too High when preparing subtitles in build
October 02, 2006 12:15AM
Hi,

I've read all the threads I could on this to keep from being redundant.

I get a "Video Bitrate Too High" error when trying to build. From the log, it looks like it stops at:

33 VTSs and 33 Titles will be created...
Compiling VTS#1 (Film)...
Preparing Subtitles...
Muxing VTS_01_1.VOB
Video Bitrate Too High (in red)

I've got 632 subtitles (most quite short, around 2 seconds each) in a 110 minute show.

I made sure that no subtitles are over any markers.

I assume it's the main film track with subtitles that is causing the problem? On that track I have one video track (4.67bitrate) with three tracks of audio (stereo mix, 5.1 mix, and director's commentary). Each of my audio tracks are AC3 files at 448k bitrate. So I'm well under the combined 9.8Mbps max bit rate previously mentioned in earlier threads?

I trashed all the PAR folders, restarted the computer, and let them rebuild on DVDSP launch.

I'm using DVDSP 4.1.0, OSX10.4.7 on a G5 Dual 2GHz. I started the project on DVDSP3, and let DVDSP4 upgrade the project (as well as the subtitles) on first launch.

Project is set up to be SD dual-layer and is 7.6gb. Trying to eventually format to a DVD-9, but I kept everything under the 7.8gb (3.9gb per layer) limit that the manual recommends.

Is this problem directly related to the subtitles or something else?

I can play around with bitrates for video and audio, but have no idea how to mess with the subtitle parameters to make them conform...

Thanks!

Ra'up
Re: Video Bitrate Too High when preparing subtitles in build
October 02, 2006 08:47AM
It sounds as though you have done everything correctly, but still getting the Bitrate to High is that the application is seeing a total data bitrate too HIGH for safety.

What that means is hard to tell. If you follow the Log file as it is being created and that gives you no idea what is up. then it could be you might need to make a few copies of the project file and rename them as "removed subtitles and tested" or "removed xxx content" and try to see what is causing the compiler to choke it up.
October 02, 2006 12:22PM
Good idea.

I started removing streams one by one and then did a build each time.

I started with removing the subtitle stream. Didn't build. (Video Bitrate Too High)

Then removed the Director's commentary stream. Didn't build. (Video Bitrate Too High)

Then removed the 5.1 surround mix. It finally worked (so it worked with only the film and its stereo audio track).

Then I added the subtitle stream back to the film + stereo audio track and it worked. So it doesn't looke like the subtitles are messing it up.

Total project size is 6.9gb with the two audio streams (Dir. commentary + 5.1) removed.

I guess the next step is to further compress (hate to do that...) the two audio streams until I get it to build?

Or maybe restore all the audio streams + subtitles and try deleting some of the 32 additional features tracks + menus to see if it's the overall project size that needs to be considered?

Thanks again,

Ra'up
October 03, 2006 04:44PM
To save yourself some time troubleshooting, pay attention to what the log is telling you:

Preparing Subtitles...
Muxing VTS_01_1.VOB

The error is occurring (or least becoming an issue) in the last item before the error. So, in this case that means the the bitrate issue arose while attempting to mux VTS_01_1.VOB -- which usually translates to track 1.

You're more likely to find your trouble on that track.

bob rice
frameworx media
October 08, 2006 06:00PM
So just to follow up, I did multiple tests, working my way down in bitrate (448k, 384k, 320k, 256k, etc.). I got the project to build when I:

Recompressed the main stereo mix of the film (track 1) at 384kbps (down from 448kbps)

Recompressed the 5.1 Surround mix at 224kbps (the lowest setting available for 5.1), down from 448kbps

Recompressed the Director commentary track at 96kbps (down from 448kbps)

By the way, I played around with the Target System and Bit Stream Mode audio settings in Compressor, but there didn't seem to be any difference with regards to my "video bitrate too high error" in DVDSP. Same reaults leaving the settings at the default of "DVD Video" for Target System and "Complete Main" for Bit Stream Mode.

Also, the crash point remained consistent whenever my combination of bitrates was wrong and it wouldn't build:

Preparing Subtitles...
Muxing VTS_01_1.VOB

All files remain ac3. Total project size is now 7.1gb (down from 7.6gb)

It seems crazy to have to compress the audio this much considering the film (110 minutes) video file is at a 4.67 bitrate (totaling 3.44gb)???
Solution: Video Bitrate Too High when preparing subtitles in build
September 01, 2011 01:11PM
Helo. I`m Brazilian, and i may write something wrong. No metter.

I`ve had some problems with the error "Video Bitrate is Too High" and i found a solution for many of them.

It`s really very simple. The problem was when I made a video and in the menu I did that little demonstration video, that every menu in DVD Studio Pro contains. So the problem was not my video, was the menu. I just stop making that fast visualisation in the menu and excluded each one of them, leaving only the caracters for search.

Of course if you have a video that is bigger than 4.7Gb, you`re going to have problems to. But, try to don`t make that little demonstration video on the menu and i swear that you wont have more problems.

I spended 3 days to find the solution and spend so many time rendering all the videos again in compressor on fastest 90 min, 120 min, but if you have a video with more than 2 hours, use fastest 150min best resolution.

If you still have any problem, e-mail me on rafavolpe@gmail.com. You`re welcome! By!

Olá. Eu também tive problemas com o erro "Video Bitrate Is Too High" e eu achei uma solução para o meu problema.

Na verdade, é muito simples. O problema era quando eu fazia um vídeo demonstrativo no menu, eu fiz aqueles pequenos vídeos de demonstração para saber o que é, que continha o conteúdo resumido. Então o problema não era no meu vídeo original, era o menu. Eu parei de fazer aqueles vídeos de visualização no menu e excluí cada um deles, deixando somente os menus com os nomes.

É claro que se você tem um vídeo que é maior que 4.5Gb, vou vai ter problemas também. Mas, tente não fazer aquela pequena demonstração de vídeo no menu e eu garanto que você não vai ter problemas.

Eu demorei 3 dias para descobrir a solução e gastei muito tempo rendendo todos os vídeos novamente no Compessor em fastest 90 min, 120 min, mas se você tem um vídeo com mais de duas horas, use o fastest 150 min best resolution.

Se voce ainda tiver algum problema, mande um e-mail no rafavolpe@gmail.com. Aí está. Tchau!
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics