Combining Bit-Rates on the same DVD

Posted by Barry 
Combining Bit-Rates on the same DVD
January 04, 2007 01:20PM
Hi All, I have 2 videos that I want to put on the same DVD. The first one is 90 minutes long, which I encoded at 120 min-Best Quality. The second is an 8 minutes video. Can I encode it at 60 minute-Best Quality or do I have to encode it at the same quality as the first video? Thanx Barry
Re: Combining Bit-Rates on the same DVD
January 05, 2007 09:29AM
You can mix different MPEG-2 files on a timeline in DVD Studio Pro. As long as they have companion video and audio files, you should be able to lay them out sequentially on a single timeline.

For the sake of proper playback, I would not recomment one file done at 8.5 Mbps rate and the other at 4.5 Mbps rates. Mainly because the end user may not be able to play the file encoded at the higher bit rate well.
Re: Combining Bit-Rates on the same DVD
January 07, 2007 08:50AM
As John said, mixing different bitrates for video is no problem whatsoever - in fact a lot of titles have been released which have had sections encoded separately.

The bigger issue is that you'll need to use the same audio encoding for both audio files if the clips are to be placed in the same track. You cannot mix audio types or bitrates for audio.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics