Help! Compression Disaster!

Posted by Marla Mitchnick 
Help! Compression Disaster!
January 09, 2007 09:01PM
Hi Y'all-

Of course on a HUGE deadline...

Compressed my final, exported, uncompressed self-contained movie file 3 ways so far:

Originally my sequence was with the AJA Io codec, 8-bit uncompressed - 720X486. I exported a self contained uncompressed movie file and used this as the source file for compression.

1)re-imported the file into FCP and went thru compressor (2Pass encode, but using the default settings, no custom settings) - this ended up looking very blurry

(I had also tried converting the sequence to a DV, 720 X 480 one INSIDE of FCP, which also made it quite blurry)

2)re-imported the file into FCP and went thru compressor (2Pass encode, best bit rate possible, frame control on automatic so it'd convert to 720 X 480 in a better way)

3) just through Compressor without FCP (same custom compressor settings)

Both the 2nd and 3rd m2v files would not go into DVD Studio Pro, it said: "incompatible file format!"

What does this mean? Could something be wrong with my original file? Another wierd thing, I brought the m2v file from #2 into FCP to get info, and the size was 640 X 720! I know that the summary inside of Compressor said 720, NOT 640...

I need to make a DVD tonight, and I don't know what to do. Should I relink the project and go through compressor through FCP from the original sequence files? Should I try to do the compression INSIDE of DVDSP, instead of in Compressor itself? Should I just drag the m2v file into toast and mux it there?

This is a desperate sitch, and all help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Marla
PS-also repeated on Cafe LA
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics