3D menu's on DVDSP
February 15, 2007 05:54AM
Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a 3D menu background for my latest project (eg a room with a button on each of its four walls). Does anyone know how to achieve this or what I would need to do in order to achieve such a menu.

Thanks
Re: 3D menu's on DVDSP
February 15, 2007 12:16PM
No way to use 3D models for DVD SP menu. Photoshop menus are the only 2D graphics allowed.

You could make a movie of a 3D model but it would have no usability in the menu selection process.
Re: 3D menu's on DVDSP
February 16, 2007 01:10AM
This is very easy to do, if you are familiar with both a 3D application and DVD SP.
First you create the 3D scene with buttons in your 3D app and export it as a Quicktime movie.
You will probably want the button highlights to match the perspective of the buttons,right? In that case, still in the 3D app, create the highlights (with a black material), place a white background then turn off everything else (except highlights and white background). Set both the highlights and the background to ignore 3D illumination and use pure color instead. Export this as a PNG, TIFF, PICT, etc.

In DVD SP import the 3D movie and then assign the overlay map (the b&W image) for the highlights. I did this many, many times.

I know this post won't give you the step by step guide you would need, but at least you now know it's totally doable smiling smiley

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics