button states

Posted by akemler 
button states
March 21, 2007 07:48PM
suprisingly, I have been using this application for a long time yet I am having trouble with something simple. dvdsp 4 g5 2.7 4gb ram.
I am trying to keep the buttons invisible until they are selected. dvdsp wants a button to be visible even though I have told it there should be no default button.
my main menu background is a motion file. about 3 seconds into it, text, which the buttons are drawn on top of, fades in. I cant have the button box visible until the text fades in.
Re: button states
March 22, 2007 12:35AM
Akemier: It's important to understand that interactivity on DVDs is different from what you see on Flash web sites, for example. One such difference is that there's *always* a selected button. Remember it was designed to use a remote control, not a mouse. And thus, you just jump from one button to another, rather than point with a cursor. Because of this, you always have one button as currently selected.

What you can do is make the buttons not active/invisble until the loop point. Set the loop Point in the inspector so that it matches the spot where you want the buttons to become active.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics