Subtitling in Studio Pro 3

Posted by rustin thompson 
Subtitling in Studio Pro 3
October 21, 2007 04:01PM
I have successfully created English subtitles for my documentary on DVD, and I can turn them on and off with a DVD remote when I play them on a standard DVD player. However, when I play the doc, the subtitles are already ON and I have to turn them off, when I'd rather the program start with the subtitles OFF and then I can turn them on if I want. I've checked my settings in DVD Studio Pro and can't find out how I should set the subititles to be OFF instead of On. All settings seem normal; eg. "forced display" is not checked. Can anyone help me with this?
Re: Subtitling in Studio Pro 3
October 21, 2007 04:42PM
Your first play item has to be a script that turns off subititles and then jumps to your track or menu.
Create a script (Add script button on the button bar). Make sure the disc's first play is set to this script. Replace the default first command of the script ("nop"winking smiley with "Set system stream". When you add that command, it will let you pick "subtitle" as an option. Set it to your subtitle stream (#1, most likely) but with the "View" checkbox turned off.
That will be enough to turn off subtitles. Now you want to jump to your track. Press the + button in the script editor to add a new command, and in the Inspector select "Jump". Set the destination to your track (or menu).

In the menu editor, you should see these two commands:
1. Set System Stream St(Subtitle Stream 1) (Off)
2. Jump YourTrackName

Many people may expect a subtitle menu, at least to turn them on or off.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
October 21, 2007 04:44PM
Sorry, I forgot there's a MUCH easier way.
Select your Disc and in the "General" tab of the disc inspector, you'll see a "Streams" section. Set it to #1, again with the "View" checkbox turned off.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
October 22, 2007 10:45AM
Excellent! That worked beautifully. Thanks so much for the help.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics