Layered Menus and Music

Posted by AdamHVX 
Layered Menus and Music
December 29, 2007 10:33PM
I am trying to add music to a layered menu that I made in Photoshop, but it won't let me add music to a layered menu. Is there any way around this?
Re: Layered Menus and Music
December 31, 2007 08:00AM
There isn't a way to add music to a Photoshop menu. The reason is because the way DVD's navigate. Each frame of a playing DVD is "fixed" or more accurately described as a still - even when there is video playing in the frame.

Photoshop buttons use layers to change color when activated, etc. That requires a change of frame and therefore music would be changed or started over, so the DVD spec doesn't allow it in a Photoshop menu.

Some folks have invented funky ways around this but since they don't adhere to the DVD Spec, there is no guarantee how it will play out on a set top DVD player.
Re: Layered Menus and Music
January 07, 2008 12:32PM
Actually, anything you do in DVD Studio Pro in a DVD-video project is part of the DVD spec, or rather, it's translated into it. If it's out of spec, then it's a bug in the way DVD SP builds it. It just happens that it brings a complexity to the way things that are stored, that it may cause significant navigation delays or worse.

The workaround is designing a series of twin menus with all buttons but one set to automatic activation. So, each time you select a button, you are actually replacing the menu with an identical menu but with the visual attributes you want to enable for that button. This is the reason why music can't be "continuous": it will play from the beginning each time you jump from button to button. This same trick is used to have animated buttons, etc.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics