DVD Studio Pro Layered Buttons

Posted by longridgevideo 
DVD Studio Pro Layered Buttons
February 22, 2008 01:49PM
I made a 16:9 project with layered menus. The buttons have a lag, as expected. When I simulate the project, my cursor will select buttons and then one click to activate. After I build the project, something happens that causes the DVD to ignore my cursor until I click on a button. I have to click to select the button, then click again to activate. Simply waving the cursor over the button does not select it the way it does in simulation mode. Am I missing a preference setting somewhere?
Re: DVD Studio Pro Layered Buttons
February 22, 2008 09:58PM
Buttons on a DVD are ONLY designed to be selected by the remote. This is the way a DVD navigates on a SetTop Player. Any other navigation used when playing it on a computer is not guaranteed by clicking on a mouse or other actions.

The DVD Spec does not allow for rollovers or any such fancy navigations.
February 23, 2008 02:02PM
?? I've always been able to navigate with the mouse when loading a DVD into my Mac.

(But I have DVDSP workflow question you might look at over in the DVDSP forum-- where these questions probably belong, right Mike?)

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Instantly find Next/Previous timeline Gaps with Shift/Option -G !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
February 23, 2008 06:53PM
Hi Loren,

My point was not that using a mouse was not supported on a computer, rather that the original intent of the DVD was to play on a set-top player, not a computer to view on a TV. While DVD player manufacturers must adhere to the design specifications, computer operating systems do not. Windows and macOS X see DVD's through their own respective DVD Player applications.

Since there are no mouses on a television, the remote is used to navigate the disc.

John
February 24, 2008 03:55PM
[the original intent of the DVD was to play on a set-top player, not a computer]

Noted.

- Loren
Today's DVDStudio Pro keytip:
Toggle Action Safe Area with Command-Option-E !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics