HD DVD authoring

Posted by izbot 
HD DVD authoring
June 22, 2008 08:55PM
I am encoding my video for DVD Studio Pro for an HD DVD project. I keep getting an "Incompatible format" message when I try to import it into my project. I have created mpeg-2 several presets in Studio Pro: Automatic HD, 720p, etc. The only one that allowed me to import the file was a 1080i preset. However, my footage was shot in 720p using a JVC GY-HD 110u. Do you have any information on what I might be doing incorrectly?
Re: HD DVD authoring
June 23, 2008 10:34AM
What do you plan to do with that footage after you get this problem fixed?

First of all, MPEG-2 does not go into HD-DVD.
Secondly, HD-DVD doesn't exist any longer.

There is now only BluRay and Apple has not supported it , Yet!
June 24, 2008 02:26AM
Hey guys, MPEG-2 is supported by both HD DVD (no hyphen) and Blu-ray. In fact it has mandatory support. And HD DVD material played off of the hard drive or DVD-R is fine in controlled environments for sure. At least you can then show HD shot material in HD...

izbot it is important to know the constraints of using HD in dvdsp cause if you think you can just send it out and everyone will be able to play it you may as well stop trying to fix the problem and make a 'normal' SD DVD.
June 24, 2008 07:55AM
>I am encoding my video for DVD Studio Pro for an HD DVD project.

Lol. That should be Blu-Ray, unless as Jake mentions, it's a controlled environment. You can encode Blu-Ray compliant mpeg2s in Compressor and mux that in Adobe Encore or encode Blu-Ray in Roxio Toast. Blu-Ray support in Compressor could be a little quirky for now.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics