Burning multiple DVDs with DVD Studio 2? Or copying with another utility?

Posted by jwilliam 
Burning multiple DVDs with DVD Studio 2? Or copying with another utility?
June 24, 2008 02:00AM
I'm working at a client who has DVD Studio Pro version 2, I think. It might be 3, not sure... don't have it in front of me, but it's much older than v.4.

With older versions of Studio Pro, is there a way to burn multiple copies once the program goes through the encoding process? I have to create 6 approval copies (and yes, that's another nightmare), and it would be tremendous to not take all day to run those off.

Or is there a simple utility that will just copy the finished DVD without doing that lengthy rip-and-re-encode process first?
Re: Burning multiple DVDs with DVD Studio 2? Or copying with another utility?
June 24, 2008 02:10AM
Oops... should have probably thrown this into the DVD Studio Pro forum. Long day, bleary eyes, you all know the drill.

But the second question maybe qualifies for this forum. Good DVD copying software, anyone?
June 24, 2008 04:03AM
I can't remember how it used to be done, but what happens if you just hit 'burn' again? Is all your media already encoded? If so, it should just burn another copy.

Alternatively, you can use the 'Disk Utility' to make copies. You just make a master copy that lives on the computer, then make exact duplicates of this with the Disk Utility. I've used it quite a bit for small runs and it works perfectly, including all menus and so on.

Here's a tutorial from Ken Stone : [www.kenstone.net]

This is also a great backup for your DVD projects - you can keep multiple projects on a single disk or external, so when the cleint comes back three months later, you're already set to go with more copies.

June 24, 2008 06:21AM
>With older versions of Studio Pro, is there a way to burn multiple copies once the
>program goes through the encoding process?

When you hit "Burn", it does both build and format. When you hit "format" after a project has been "burn"t, it will simply burn a similar DVD as the last project...

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics