What do the STATUS lights mean

Posted by Barry 
What do the STATUS lights mean
April 17, 2009 04:09PM
I [osted this question on the DVDSP forum and received no answer. Maybe someone here can answer it.

After importing assets into my DVDSP project I notice that the "Status" lights are different colors. Some are green and some are orange. What is the meaning of these lights? Is orange bad? Is there a red light? Thanx Barry
Re: What do the STATUS lights mean
April 17, 2009 10:45PM
Which files do you see getting which lights? Typically it means they are assets that require some additional encoding, such as when you bring in QuickTime .MOV files instead of ready to burn MPEG2s.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
April 18, 2009 07:43AM
The yellow dot indicates that DVD Studio Pro will render that media file to the correct format for DVD authoring when you burn your disc. The green dot indicates that no rendering is needed. A red dot indicates missing media.

The presence of any dot at all ? red, yellow or green ? is a reminder that the DVD Studio Pro manual PDF file is installed with your software and can be found under the "Help" menu.

April 18, 2009 09:55AM
Jeff Harrell Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The presence of any dot at all ? red, yellow or
> green ? is a reminder that the DVD Studio Pro
> manual PDF file is installed with your software
> and can be found under the "Help" menu.

Word. smiling smiley

-Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
April 21, 2009 10:17AM
Thanx for your replies. I will keep the location of the manual in mind. Barry
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics