Simple Question - next chapter not going directly to end jump

Posted by monkeywithacamera 
Simple Question - next chapter not going directly to end jump
May 26, 2009 02:59PM
Here is a very simple question:

I have the simplest of dvdsp projects. one menu, one button, one track, one chapter.

I would like the user to be able to press the "next chapter" button, and have it go back to the menu. As of right now the next chapter button does nothing.

My end jump is set correctly - so if the user watches the track it all the way thru, they will indeed be taken back to the menu.

I may be wrong, but I remember dvdsp3 did this automatically. I would prefer not to put a chapter mark at the end of the asset, as you can't put it all the way to the end, and I know it'll be sloppy (playing the very end of the asset before then hitting the end jump).

Ideally, I don't want to get involved with complicated stories, etc - any simple solutions?
Re: Simple Question - next chapter not going directly to end jump
May 27, 2009 05:15AM
This is not a very 'DVD' thing you want to do. It is not normal practice and dvdsp 3 did not do this automatically smiling smiley

What you can do is go to the connections tab and in the advanced view you'll see a Next Jump option. Set the Tracks Next Jump to the Menu.

The downside to this is that some players will not display timecode in the LCD etc for reasons I won't go into!
Re: Simple Question - next chapter not going directly to end jump
June 01, 2009 04:09PM
Thanks so much - totally worked. I have never actually worked within the connections tab. Super helpful.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics