why pc cannot read dvd from dvd sp

Posted by alioshka 
why pc cannot read dvd from dvd sp
May 27, 2009 05:46AM
I made a dvd copy and is working fine either in my i-mac or dvd player. As I tried to watch it in a Pc doesn't work. Anybody knows why? I thought that dvd is a universal format.
I used my ac3 and m2v files, no menus.
Probably I made a wrong adjustment?sad smiley
Re: why pc cannot read dvd from dvd sp
May 27, 2009 07:13AM
alioshka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>As I tried to watch it in a Pc doesn't work. Anybody knows why?

The PC has a DVD drive right? not a CD only drive.

What does doesn't work mean? Error message, stutter in playback etc? What player(s) have you tried?

Go back to your project, make it Region ALL by checking Region 7 and then output a image. Try buring a disc at a slower speed using Disk Utility or Toast and not direct out of dvdsp if that is what you did.

alioshka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>I thought that dvd is a universal format.

No it is not... DVD-VIDEO discs are pretty compatible but there are plenty of systems that wont play those and it gets worse for DVDs you burn (DVD-R etc). Of course there are loads of players that can play discs just fine too.

What we need to know is how you burnt the disc? and what is actually happening on the pc,
May 27, 2009 09:06AM
Thanks a lot Jake. I'm going to find out about this pc drive and error.
Yes, I burned it in dvdsp.

Now -after your tips- I checked the region 7 but I don´t know what you mean by using disc utility. How do I do that?
Since my data is in dvdsp ready to be burned out....,how do I burn it from another application?
confused smiley Can you explain me please?
May 27, 2009 09:30AM
Build the Project and then Format it to the hard drive. You will be making a Disc Image. To do that, in the Format window change the output device to Hard Drive and img will auto select. Then save the image which you can use in another app.

The other apps allow you to burn at slower speeds which may or may not be one of the issues you're having. We don't really know what is happening with your project at the mo cause we do not know what does not work means...
May 27, 2009 09:52AM
ok, greatspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 28, 2009 12:00PM
HI Jake,

Tried two different Pc´s Nero, Media Player and Power Pc and cannot open cos don't recognize the file.
Does that make sense?
eye popping smiley
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics