How to learn DVD Studio Pro

Posted by Walter M 
How to learn DVD Studio Pro
May 27, 2009 02:18PM
What are the best resources (tutorials, books, disks, etc) for learning DVD SP? I'm looking for something preferably free or quite inexpensive or else something incredibly good. I've got SP 4.1.

We've got the content (dv) nearly ready to go (after a few years of work) for a slightly complex dvd with a number of videos.

Thanks.
Re: How to learn DVD Studio Pro
May 27, 2009 02:20PM
Believe it or not, the manual. It's free, you already have it, and it's remarkably comprehensive.

May 27, 2009 02:51PM
Yeah there's a tutorial that comes with DVDSP that takes you through everything you need on a simple to moderate level DVD.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
May 27, 2009 03:34PM
i will second "the manual" thats how i learned it.
May 27, 2009 04:45PM
I did the one-day course at Moviola. Very informative, teaches you all the basics and gives you the incentive to dig deeper into the program if you want (I've learned subtitles, stories, etc. on my own). If you're in LA I highly recommend it.

JK

May 27, 2009 10:28PM
Yep working through the manual is going to get you there.

However there are other books on the market if you don't get on with it.

Such as the Pro Training Series: [www.amazon.com]

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics