CAN YOU INCREASE THE SOUND VOLUME IN DVD

Posted by kjoske 
CAN YOU INCREASE THE SOUND VOLUME IN DVD
August 23, 2009 06:44PM
Is there anyway in which you can increase the sound volume in DVD Studio Pro THROUGH DVD STUDIO PRO AFTER you have added your video and soundtrack into the program? My video is good and my soundtrack was good the first time I burned them into DVDS. Now I am going back to burn more copies and it appears that the soundtrack is difficult to hear. I have the volume on my computer set to full sound. I can
't go back and redo the video and soundtrack because I lost the original sound track file which I was working with.
Re: CAN YOU INCREASE THE SOUND VOLUME IN DVD
August 25, 2009 03:03PM
No you can't. If your audio was .ac3, you'll have to decompress it to aiff, make the volume changes, then re-encode to aiff.

>I have the volume on my computer set to full sound.

Never mix with your computer speakers. You never know what you'll get on most systems.

> I lost the original sound track file which I was working with.

You need to make copies.... You're toast without backing up your data.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 25, 2009 03:56PM
It should be noted that even if your volume is set to max you still need to change the volume of the player too... like with iTunes.

It also sounds as though you could be in luck(ish). Cause it sounds like you wouldn't have encoded your audio to AC3, sorry if that assumption is wrong. Either way though, as strypes says you're living on the edge not backing up. Anyway you can use a tool like SQUARED 5 MPEG Streamclip to demux your DVD (or VIDEO_TS) to m2v & aiff. You can then edit the aiff and then either re-encode that file or use it 'as is' on your new DVD.

I'd check that you have the volume up on your mac and your player first though!!
August 27, 2009 12:43PM
Thank you. My audio sound is an aiff and an AC3 when I compress us using the compressor in FCP.

Your right I was dumb not to backup, but the problem I have been having is when I make a copy(s) of my program then for some reason FCP gets confused and will not render my original because I have i.e. 2-3 copies of it in my hard drive so out of desperation to get get FCP to render I dumped all of my copies.
August 28, 2009 12:18AM
Actually I usually listen music at high volume. And the DVD which I am having does not have good sound quality. So that if why I am asking if you van increase the volume.
Acne
Acai Berry
Acne Treatment reviews
August 28, 2009 11:52AM
I have increased my volume on my computer to Maximum
When I created the original soundtrack on FCP I went in and put up the volume to maximum and then I used the filters to increase the sound up another 18 points, then I compressed the FCP file to an AC3 format using Compressor 2 that comes with the FCP package, again I turned the volume to maximum on my computer. finally I imputed the "assets" the movie and the AC3 sound file to DVD Studio Pro 4 and burned the DVD.

Before I actually burned the DVD I tested the soundtrack again in the DVD "simulation" mode which is suppose to play the actual way the burned DVD will be. When I did this I turned up the volume on my computer to MAX. It seems to me though and this is the issue I have fought with is that DVD Studio Pro 4 should have some sort of volume control, but I think that it accepts the video and soundtrack file just the way you input it. Obviously, I cannot change the movie file once I upload it to DVD Studio Pro 4 so I guess the same holds true for the soundfile.

If I put the volume any higher when editing it in FCP, I get vibrations, and the sound is loud enough when I listen to it in FCP and actually when I listen to it in "simulation" mode in DVD Studio Pro 4 before I burn the DVD. Its when the DVD is actually burned and I test it in my computer "with the sound on my computer to the maximum" that it appears my soundtrack is somehow lower and not as sharp and clear as in my original production.

Thanks for your comments.
August 28, 2009 12:13PM
The point is, you never mention the DVD Players volume...

You need to make sure the computers volume is up AND the DVD Players volume is up...

Also you may want to check your Dolby settings have:

Dialog Norm: -31 dBFS
Comp Preset: None
Un-check L-P Filter & DC filter.
August 28, 2009 01:04PM
Jake

Okay, now I am getting closer to the answer, how do you turn the DVD Studio Pro volume UP? When you are in the process of actually burning the DVD.

If you are referring to the DVD "player" that plays and opens the final DVD, yes I turn the volume to MAX.
August 28, 2009 01:07PM
Jake,

Where do I check these settings at, on my computer preferences, in FCP or in DVD Studio Pro?

------

Also you may want to check your Dolby settings have:

Dialog Norm: -31 dBFS

Comp Preset: None

Un-check L-P Filter & DC filter.
September 02, 2009 09:16AM
"Your right I was dumb not to backup, but the problem I have been having is when I make a copy(s) of my program then for some reason FCP gets confused and will not render my original because I have i.e. 2-3 copies of it in my hard drive"

the thing with backups is they should go on a DIFFERENT drive.

nick
September 03, 2009 05:57PM
Nick, thank you. I figured that out the hard way.
September 24, 2009 12:51PM
If I put the volume any higher when editing it in FCP, I get vibrations, and the sound is loud enough when I listen to it in FCP and actually when I listen to it in "simulation" mode in DVD Studio Pro 4 before I burn the DVD. Its when the DVD is actually burned and I test it in my computer "with the sound on my computer to the maximum" that it appears my soundtrack is somehow lower and not as sharp and clear as in my original production.

Acai Berry | Teeth Whitening | Colon Cleanse | Resveratrol
September 24, 2009 09:24PM
have you checked the audio level slider in the DVD player?
how does the DVD sound on an external DVD player & TV?

hey, what's with the links?
that sort of stuff doesn't go down well here, i'm afraid.

nick
December 16, 2009 07:40PM
Blogging is now becoming one of the new phenomenal ways to make money online It is no surprise because you can work on your own hours, if you call it working that is.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics