menu return problem

Posted by Dean R 
menu return problem
October 18, 2009 03:46PM
I've got a pretty straightforward project. A main menu and 5 submenus which link to a total of 35 chapters, 6 chapters per submenu. I want each chapter to return the viewer to the menu where that chapter lives if they hit the "menu" button on their remote. Pretty simple, and as far as I can tell I've got it set up correctly. Each chapter marker has the correct menu selected in the inspector where it shows the remote control menu setting. And the DVD simulates perfectly! No problems with this functionality. But when I build and check it using the DVD player, or if I actually burn to disk, then the chapters from 3 of my menus no longer return to the correct menus. I've re-checked everything and can't find a problem. Help!
Re: menu return problem
December 10, 2009 02:05AM
In the Outline tab, find the track and click on it. Then in the Connections tab window, you will have two columns: Source and Target. Make sure the Connections window is set to "View: Standard: All".

In the source column, every chapter will be listed and have a "Menu" item and an "End Jump" item. In the target column, the corresponding menu you want to jump to should be listed.

Verify that source chapter "Menu" is set to the proper Target menu.

MUCH easier to spot errors in the Connections window than the inspector for each chapter. You can also easily identify chapters you may have missed setting.

Ta

Thanks
Gary Sumlak
thumbprints Multimedia Inc.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
[www.thumbprints.ca]

*** Superior Film Transfers at a Reasonable Price ***
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics