HD to dual layer dvd at high quality?????

Posted by k8e 
k8e
HD to dual layer dvd at high quality?????
November 30, 2009 06:49PM
hello,

I have tried taking a 14 GB file to a dual layer sd dvd and compressor compresses it down to 2.7 GB when I have much more space to use to increase my quality. I tried using dvd best 90 min and it compresses it too far. How do I change this so that I can get better quality dvd's closer to 7 GB or so?? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Re: HD to dual layer dvd at high quality?????
November 30, 2009 06:57PM
You probably can't. DVDs have a maximum peak data rate, as well as a maximum average data rate. Compressor's "best" presets dial in those maximums.

November 30, 2009 09:49PM
That's it- DVDs have a maximum bitrate that keeps them still playable on a disc player. It's not like a web video say where you have unlimited data rate to throw at a file to get the quality you want. Exceed 8 Mbps or so and your disc won't play.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
k8e
November 30, 2009 10:16PM
so then I just need to make sure that the max rate is 8 and that is the best that I can expect? I have somehow lost my 120 best dvd as well. do you know how i can get that back? it is not on my list anymore...the only thing I have is 90 best dvd. can you help with that as well? thanks
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics