TextUp Pro

All the news now and in your digital future

HD to dual layer dvd at high quality?????

Posted by k8e 
k8e
HD to dual layer dvd at high quality?????
November 30, 2009 06:49PM
hello,

I have tried taking a 14 GB file to a dual layer sd dvd and compressor compresses it down to 2.7 GB when I have much more space to use to increase my quality. I tried using dvd best 90 min and it compresses it too far. How do I change this so that I can get better quality dvd's closer to 7 GB or so?? Any help would be appreciated. thanks.
Re: HD to dual layer dvd at high quality?????
November 30, 2009 06:57PM
You probably can't. DVDs have a maximum peak data rate, as well as a maximum average data rate. Compressor's "best" presets dial in those maximums.

November 30, 2009 09:49PM
That's it- DVDs have a maximum bitrate that keeps them still playable on a disc player. It's not like a web video say where you have unlimited data rate to throw at a file to get the quality you want. Exceed 8 Mbps or so and your disc won't play.

Noah

Final Cut Studio Training, featuring the HVX200, EX1, EX3, DVX100, DVDSP and Color at [www.callboxlive.com]!
Author, RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera available now at: [www.amazon.com].
Editors Store- Gifts and Gear for Editors: [www.editorsstore.com]
k8e
November 30, 2009 10:16PM
so then I just need to make sure that the max rate is 8 and that is the best that I can expect? I have somehow lost my 120 best dvd as well. do you know how i can get that back? it is not on my list anymore...the only thing I have is 90 best dvd. can you help with that as well? thanks
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics