BluRay burner / software recomendations

Posted by mindsnare 
BluRay burner / software recomendations
February 06, 2010 08:02PM
Aloha everyone

I am in need of a bluray burner and software to burn off some HD vids.
Any recommendations for an external? I am using a mac quad core tower.
Also what software burns bluray? I dont think the idvd can do that.

Thanks in advance
Sean
Re: BluRay burner / software recomendations
February 06, 2010 08:06PM
A more related forum to this question is the DVD Studio Pro forum. I know you can do Blu-Ray from there but I do not think iDVD does Blu-Ray (yet). Moving this thread to that forum...

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

February 08, 2010 07:05AM
Joe, DVDSP doesn't do Blu Ray. The share feature in FCP7 does it. Beyond that, it's Adobe Encore or Toast.

www.strypesinpost.com
February 08, 2010 10:53AM
FCP 7 and Compressor 3.5 make simple iDVD like Blu-ray video discs. As others mentioned. DVD Studio Pro can't author.

If you're looking for external burner I believe Buffalo 8x got the best review from Macworld because it was fast and USB worked reliably with Toast at almost the same speed as firewire. I'd like to see the 12x reviews complete with burn times with specific good quality media.

If you have multiple computers, an external drive might make more sense. Internal you have to make sure you have the correct cabling for your specific MacPro as I believe there have been changes.

My main concern is data backup though. My corporate clients still ask for DVD even though I only shoot HD. I also give them HD files versions (even YouTube and Vimeo allow for 1080p now).
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics