DVD playing issue

Posted by maximoose 
DVD playing issue
February 18, 2010 05:02PM
Greetings,

Using FCP HD 4.5 Version OS X 10.3.9, I exported a sequence on QT Movie -jpeg 2000. and another one on MPEG 4. I'm trying to understand why I can't play the DVD on MacBook Pro OS X version 10.4.11
Any Idea?
Re: DVD playing issue
February 18, 2010 05:04PM
You left out the middle part. How did you get from having two Quicktime movies to having a DVD that won't play?

February 18, 2010 05:15PM
I can play both DVDs on any DVD player but not on MacBook Pro.(?)
February 18, 2010 07:23PM
What did you do to get the movies onto the DVDs? We can't analyse a work flow without knowing what it was.

February 18, 2010 07:31PM
> Using FCP HD 4.5 Version OS X 10.3.9, I exported a sequence on QT Movie -jpeg 2000. and
> another one on MPEG 4. I'm trying to understand why I can't play the DVD on MacBook Pro OS
> X version 10.4.11

You didn't tell us whether this was a video DVD or data DVD. That's thing one.

Thing two, why are you using JPEG 2000?

Thing three, if you're talking about a data DVD (which I would assume, since if it's a video DVD then the original file formats wouldn't really matter), you never want to try to play a movie file from a DVD. Optical discs have incredibly slow data rates. Copy it to your internal drive first.

www.derekmok.com
February 19, 2010 12:57PM
Tanks Derek
All I'm trying to do is a simple export of a 15 minutes movie. that will play also on my MacBook Pro.
I tried output two QT files into iDVD, first I tried MPEG 4, but It didn't play on the MacBook (get the message NOT PERMITED) Then I tryed to switch the codec to JPEG 2000. but still without luck.
For some reason both codecs are playing on any DVD players.
February 19, 2010 01:12PM
Sounds like a region coding problem. Did you set the region code to all? What DVD region code does your Mac play?

Btw, if you're encoding a video DVD in iDVD, you export as "current settings". And iDVD will encode to mpeg2.

Also, the DVD reads it because iDVD has encoded the file into an mpeg2 dvd asset.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics