Simulator works fine but burned DVD does not

Posted by aquaimage 
Simulator works fine but burned DVD does not
May 13, 2010 12:38PM
I have just finished programming my first DVD from HD footage (Sony XDCAM). I compressed everything in Compressor to standard definition 16:9 format. Everything works perfectly in DVD Studio Pros simulator but when I burn a disk it does not work like the simulator.

This is a scuba diving instructional video, so after the first play of the copyright, the program makes a jump to a series of warning menus. The user must hit "next" to get to the next warning. When the first warning menu shows up, the play button is not highlighted unless you hit the resume menu on the remote. Then the button is highlighted and you can make it through the rest of the menus which do highlight the "next" button.

I have one story that is just over 48 minutes in length. When the story finishes playing (there are 9 tracks) instead of making the end jump the screen goes black and does not return to the main menu unless you hit the resume button on the remote. Again, this works perfectly in the simulator.

I would appreciate any clues anyone can suggest to finish this project so I can get it out for replication!
Re: Simulator works fine but burned DVD does not
June 06, 2010 01:02PM
Some info about how you created the menus would be useful - did you use photoshop layers? I am assuming not, but please let me know.

Secondly, the Simulator is not accurate (as you're finding) - but in your case it ought to behave quite well. Check your connections tab and *make sure* the links are in place. The biggest issue is the first menu where the button is not highlighted - have you got more than one button? Have you somehow managed to change the default button setting for the menu?

The story situation is almost certainly going to be a connection problem - make sure that you've set the end jump to go to the menu, and also make certain that from the menu the button is targeting the story container and NOT the first chapter marker within it. If you target the marker then the end jump for the story may well not work.

In short, I think there are some small changes to be made, nothing drastic and it should work fine.

--

lafcpug mod
June 06, 2010 02:01PM
Hal,
I should have posted the solution sooner! I was able to solve the problem with the aid of Bruce Nazarian (after beating my head against the wall for 8 hours trying to solve it on my own). I sent the file via FTP to Bruce and he was able to diagnose it quickly. I had put in a 1 second delay after playback before the end jump and this is what caused all of my headaches. Took it out and everything worked fine. Bruce was very reasonable.
June 07, 2010 01:59PM
Bruce is a legend... glad you got it sorted.

--

lafcpug mod
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics