DVD plays odd track when restarting after a STOP.

Posted by John K 
DVD plays odd track when restarting after a STOP.
July 12, 2010 11:34PM
I was doing QC on my reel tonight, playing it back on the PS3 to check my work. My reel is pretty deep, with several menus and submenus, with up to four tracks per menu. I noticed the following issues:

1. On two of my menus, the disc just stops after the tracks play. I think I must have the End Jumps set wrong somehow on these tracks. Other tracks on other menus behave properly when they finish playing.

2. When the disc stops, I hit PLAY again and rather than play a menu it jumps immediately to a particular track each time. This one I'm not sure about -- where do I set this behavior in DVDSpro?

Sorry about these basic questions but I don't have the project file at home so I can't investigate this until later tomorrow, hoping someone can give me a quick answer tonight...

JK

July 13, 2010 01:14PM
I would guess the track it goes to is the one listed at the top of the tracks in the outline view. There is nothing you can do except put a different track there.

What would you like it to do? If you want to see a menu, try putting a short track of black slug (about a second long) and setting the end jump to the main menu. Position that at the top of the list and see if that gets around it.

--

lafcpug mod
Re: DVD plays odd track when restarting after a STOP.
July 14, 2010 04:50PM
Hi Hal,

I tried that workaround -- added a new "track 1" to the top of the list in the Outline pane and set it to end jump to the Main menu. But that same previous track keeps playing.

I'm wondering if I need to dump the whole BUILD folder and start fresh, maybe delete the track that keeps playing and re-create it for good measure?

JK

July 14, 2010 05:54PM
What have you got set as the first play item?

Dumping the build folder is not a bad thing to do when you change anything in your project - or simply specify a new build folder... you shouldn't need to re-create the entire disc (quite a chore, at any rate).

--

lafcpug mod
Re: DVD plays odd track when restarting after a STOP.
July 14, 2010 05:57PM
UPDATE: I deleted the 'problem' track then recreated it, moving it to the bottom of the Tracks list. The 'Track 1' that's just a slug with an end jump is at the top position. I did a new Build and deleted the previous build.

It still defaults to the same track when resuming, nothing has changed!!

This is really quirky behavior; could my project file be corrupted? It seems like it's stuck on the same track listing no matter how much I move them around. This project file (my reel) has been updated and resaved several times, wonder if certain things are still referencing older versions somehow. Any other way to 'clear' the project other than a fresh Build (or starting from scratch?)

EDIT - just saw your post Hal. First Play is set to the Main Menu. To be clear, this behavior only happens after the STOP button is pushed twice, not on initial disc insert. I've verified it in a couple DVD players, though it works fine on my MBPro.

JK

July 15, 2010 05:11PM
One last question - do you see this behaviour no matter what you were viewing on the player at the time stop is pressed twice... or are you seeing the same track that you were last watching? i.e. does it change if you press stop, stop, play whilst in a menu, or in a track,etc?

And a point to note - use a short track with black slug about a second long and use that as your first play item. Set the end jump to the menu... don't use a menu as the first play item.

--

lafcpug mod
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics