dvd studio pro squashing my graphics/effects

Posted by stephenpick 
dvd studio pro squashing my graphics/effects
July 15, 2010 02:02PM
hi

ive just finished editing a corporate with some video co pilot 'extension' animations/graphics in it. They are basically some grey swirly lines growing onto the screen around some of the video. They last a couple of seconds. they look absolutely great on the timeline in fcp. trouble is, when i take the project into dvd studio pro and play it the 'extensions' that move up and down the screen have all been squashed so now they begin a third of the way from the edge of the screen and do not reach the top.

i first thought this was an aspect ratio problem so i tried burning using letterbox, pan and scan and letterbox & pan and scan. no luck at all. the up and down extensions are still squashed...can anyone help please.

either exporting or dvd sp has done something odd to my effects...

regards

steve
Re: dvd studio pro squashing my graphics/effects
July 15, 2010 04:08PM
What were your project settings in FCP? And how did you export into DVDSPro?

July 15, 2010 05:05PM
Did you remember to set the display mode for the track in DVDSP to be 16:9? This is easily overlooked... check your settings by clicking on the track icon in the outline view and looking in the property inspector for the display mode.

When you say you 'play it' in DVDSP, do you mean you use the simulator? If so, did you check the aspect ratio settings for that?

--

lafcpug mod
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics