NEED HELP, VIDEO TO LARGE TO BURN TO DISK

Posted by rickstar32 
NEED HELP, VIDEO TO LARGE TO BURN TO DISK
November 06, 2010 03:30PM
I spent all last week learning dvd studio pro enough to create menus etc for my movie and now when I try to burn it tells me that the file is to large..Its showing 9.8 gb in DSP..is there a way to compress this without losing quality on a 4.7 dvd+r? My settings are bit rate 4.0 and max bit rate 7.0.. or is there a way to use toast to burn the film? Any help is appreciated, replicators are waiting on me! Im not a pro at the software...Thanks much.
Re: NEED HELP, VIDEO TO LARGE TO BURN TO DISK
November 09, 2010 01:29PM
DSP is only part of the equation when creating DVDs.
Compression is the other factor. You can compress video and still have it look good but you will lose quality no matter how you are making it smaller.

How long is your program? A DVD-5(4.7 dvd) is going to show signs of compression if you try and put more than 120 minutes on it. You will even start to see it at 90 depending on how you compress it.

How did you create the files for your DVD?
Presuming you didn't duplicate any media can you tell me how big the different elements are? video, menus, audio

I would recommend using -R media when submitting to your replicator and also make sure you are authoring with AC3 audio.
November 09, 2010 04:56PM
My film is about 110minutes, my issue is I am wanting to use the film also for scene selections on menu 2..can you not use the same movie file and connect to both menus? I compressed the audio to ac3.. what settings would you recommend in compressor? I could just compress the file with markers.
November 09, 2010 05:16PM
Start with the 120 min best SD preset but make sure you adjust the data rate so that it tells you that at least 114 minutes will fit.

If this is supposed to operate like most studio DVDs you just need to put the chapter markers in the track and name accordingly so that you can navigate to the correct marker.

You can put the chapter markers in FC and then you can put them on the exact frame you want. In DSP you will be limited to where the GOP points are. The chapters will export in a ref or self-contained QT as long as you check DVD studio pro in the markers pull down. Compress and your markers and titles should appear in the track when it is added.
November 09, 2010 05:23PM
Thanks, I have already did chapter markers in FCP..I wish DVDSP would let you connect one movie file to two different menus, it would make my life alot easier. Hopefully this will work.
November 09, 2010 05:31PM
You should be able to jump to any marker or track from any button or menu.

Perhaps I do not understand what you are trying to accomplish.
November 09, 2010 05:41PM
The main movie is on menu one, I want to use the same movie on menu 2 but with scene selections..is there not a way to use the one movie with the markers for menu one and menu two both instead of having to load the same movie twice and use more space.
November 09, 2010 05:58PM
Yes - very easily... Use a story.

Stories are like playlists - they allow you to arrange content in lots of different ways, but you only use one lot of content.

There are lots of ways to do what you want, but I would add end jumps to each chapter marker to return to menu two and then dump all the markers into a single story and use that for the play all from menu 1.

Read up on how stories work - you'll be pleasantly surprised, I hope!

--

lafcpug mod
November 09, 2010 07:39PM
Thanks, been reading but can you tell me how to connect one movie file or track to Two different menus in the graphical or outline section..this would solve several days and hours Ive spent trying to figure this out, I appreciate you guys help
November 10, 2010 01:34AM
Add chapter end jumps to each chapter marker so that they point to the second menu, and optionally to the appropriate button on that menu. Set the menu call for each marker to also go to menu2 and the right button.

Make the buttons on the second menu point to the appropriate chapter marker.

Add a story. Put all of the chapters into it and point the button on the first menu that is to play the whole track at the story (not the track or a chapter marker).

Set the menu call and end jump for the story to go to menu1.

That's it... Job done. Menu 1 will now play the story which has all the chapter start markers in it (so no end jumps) and will play through as if a normal track. If you press the menu button on the remote you'll go to menu 1. If you finish the playback youll also go to menu 1.

Menu 2 points to each marker and will play only that section before going back to the menu. If you use the menu button during playback you'll go to menu 2.

--

lafcpug mod
November 10, 2010 11:26AM
Thank you! I dont think I would have ever figured this out, Ive been at this for a week and a half.. Its been muxing the film file for over a couple hours hopefully its not frozen..
November 22, 2010 06:46AM
thanks
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics