DVDSP- Problem: long Black (no video) footage in the middle of sequence

Posted by vt81400 
DVDSP- Problem: long Black (no video) footage in the middle of sequence
December 18, 2010 03:48PM
hello,

I will describe the problem in detail.... I noticed long black video frames while playing back a video sequence (m2v) in my DVDSP simulator.

I imported about 12 hi8 tapes for a customer, in FCP in order to edit them and make DVDs as final product.

I followed the procedure, import to FCP, export as QT -no markers etc in file, Load compressor, and run the file 2-times there. 1st for making the M2V and another one for making the sound file MP4.

I made smaller files in duration in order to import them and control the assets much faster in submenus i designed.
i.e. If a file was total 60min on HDD, i exported 3 segments = 3 files x 20min each etc.

I made menus etc in DVDSP. Loaded the assets (m2v+mp4) in tracks. Linked them etc.
I added buttons and set video asset for playback using the 'motion' parameter choice in DVDSP as well.

I set the frame i wanted the playback to begin with, using the preview frame/video window in the menu.

One specific file, can be previewed ok, if i scrub it within the asset window ! All frames that i can see are ok.

When i click on it and play it in the simulator, i.e. total 20min video, the video plays properly from 1-10min then all frames are BLACK with NO sound upto 19min and the rest 1min shows footage properly !!!

So, there is no video for 9 minutes in between, although in the asset/motion setup window, i can select frames that
appear black in the simulator.

I loaded the m3v in QT and shows the same problem in the player.

I have returned the tapes back to customer, and I wonder if the m2v is damaged for a reason, maybe due to compressor ? and if can be fixed and how please to avoid asking back the tape from customer !

Further to this, i remembered (not sure for this tape though) i imported some m2v files in FCP in a PAL project 4:3 and after rendering it, applying colour corrections, I re-exported to MOV and then via compressor made m2v and mp4 files for DVSP.

I mention it as i am not sure if this can be also a chance for the s/w to spoil the video footage for some reason.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

Best wishes for Xmas to all grinning smiley

---
Vassilis Triantafyllidis
www.LemnosExplorer.com
Re: DVDSP- Problem: long Black (no video) footage in the middle of sequence
December 29, 2010 06:34PM
Do you still have the fcp files? If so you probably already have the captured footage. If not, you'll need the tapes.

It sounds to me as if your compression became corrupt. You'll need to do that again if so - if QT is also showing you black frames then thats what the file contains.

--

lafcpug mod
Re: DVDSP- Problem: long Black (no video) footage in the middle of sequence
December 30, 2010 11:32AM
dear hal,

thanks for the reply back to me please.

it seems the compression process had an issue with the file and result was corrupted file as you said.

i asked for the customer to bring the tape back as i did not have the (R) files on my HDD and i confirm your prediction.

best wishes for xmas hollidays and a happy new year to you and your family members.

---
Vassilis Triantafyllidis
www.LemnosExplorer.com
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics