MediaServer quit...

Posted by miama99 
MediaServer quit...
December 29, 2010 05:29PM
WHenever i open dvd studio pro (4), i get this message: "the application Media Server quit unexpectedly." i launch w/o it and am not aware of an issues. but i've used the software for several years w/o getting that message. anyone have an idea what i can do to get rid of it.

thanks,

Jim
Re: MediaServer quit...
December 29, 2010 06:38PM
Sorry Jim, not seen that before. Have you been installing final cut server at all? What about distributed encoding using multiple machines?

If DVDSP is still working ok, and you can burn disks, I'd say there's no panic... Even so it would be nice to know the cause.

--

lafcpug mod
December 29, 2010 06:51PM
hi:

i have not been installing final cut server. nor using multiple machines... it doesn't seem to be having a negative effect; i just authored a 40-min. dvd that came out great, and had no troubles burning disks. it's just disconcerting to get prompted each time i launch the program... thanks.

jim
December 29, 2010 06:56PM
Can you get to all the DVDSP features? Assets all ok? Templates?

As I say - I've never seen that error before, so am flying blind! What is your system set up? Which version of osx and DVDSP are you using? Have you done any recent software updates?

--

lafcpug mod
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics