DVDSP accepting .mov files

Posted by Mark Worden 
DVDSP accepting .mov files
January 05, 2011 01:24AM
In FCP I export my sequence as a Quicktime movie, which creates an .mov file. Then I import it as an asset in DVDSP. Sometimes DVDSP accepts it and sometimes it gives me an error message saying, "File Format not supported". Why does DVDSP accept some .mov files and not others? I don't think size is the problem, because sometimes it has been much smaller than some other .mov files that have been accepted just fine. Thanks, Mark
Re: DVDSP accepting .mov files
January 08, 2011 11:49PM
What codec are you using?

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
January 09, 2011 12:07AM
Out of FCP, I export as a self-contained QuickTime movie and just import that into DVDSP. I never made any codec choices, so it would be whatever the default was.
January 09, 2011 12:38AM
There is no default codec.

I would suggest that you send to Compressor and use one of the DVD presets to create an MPEG-2 file. Not only will this be superior quality to anything encoded by DVDSP, it will guarantee compatibility and should prevent that error message.

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics