Exporting a sequence of still images from FCP to DVD Pro

Posted by Nick Munning 
Exporting a sequence of still images from FCP to DVD Pro
March 19, 2011 09:19AM
I am making a DVD of a couple hundred still images 720x480 jpegs w/ transitions and text all connected in a 21 min. sequence. I have tried importing from a Quick Time movie and from a Compressor batch file (my first time to use Compressor and I'm not sure it's correct, but it did make a compressor batch file) into DVD Pro, but I get an "incompatible format" message. When I drag the compressor batch file from my desktop into compressor, I get the message, "error trying to open source media file". I'd appreciate any kind of help. Thanks, Nick
Re: Exporting a sequence of still images from FCP to DVD Pro
April 29, 2011 04:00PM
Can you say what you did in compressor (step by step)?

I would be highly tempted to just do this in FCP by adding all of the images into the timeline with the default transition between them, then export this out as a single piece of footage. You should be able to encode that to MPEG2 in Compressor and bring it in to DVDSP from there with no problems.

FWIW older versions of QT used to open an 'image sequence' which means you point to a folder of sequentially numbered images and set how long each should show for. QT would stitch it all together (no nice transitions, and make sure all the images are in the same orientation) so that you can export as a piece of video. Certainly in QT pro v7 and earlier, but sadly not in QT X I don't think.

--

lafcpug mod
Re: Exporting a sequence of still images from FCP to DVD Pro
June 22, 2011 07:44PM
I have to do this once a month and that's the way I do it.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics