DVDPS Adding buttons to my menu

Posted by LKennedy 
DVDPS Adding buttons to my menu
April 04, 2011 12:39AM
I created a DVD yesterday, with menu and buttons. The opacity lever on the buttons worked; I could see them.
Today I created a new DVD project, following the same technique and when I move the opacity lever, I can't see any thing happen.
I compared yesterday's and I can't see any changed settings. playing around with yesterday's, I clicked the 'show button selected state' and the colour button disappeared again... can't get it back. What could be happening? Wasting so much time trying to find it again.
Thanks
Re: DVDPS Adding buttons to my menu
April 29, 2011 03:43PM
The Opacity setting is not for the button itself but for the highlight that the button uses.

Add a button rectangle to a blank menu, and add some text to it. Use the property inspector to make sure the button text is included in the highlight, and then (just above the opacity slider) select a colour from the drop down. Your text will appear in the colour you choose. Be careful though - this is not the text, but the highlight of the text. The opacity slider now will let you fade the highlight colour and show you the original text underneath.

If you are using the default settings, your text will be white and the highlight colour (selected highlight setting) will also be white. Change that to red and move the opacity slider - the text appears gradually more pink until it is only white showing.

Now add a second button and repeat the same exercise. See how one button text looks red and the other looks white? That's because one button is showing as 'selected'. Now move the opacity slider until the selected button looks like it has pink text - then click on the other button... it will also show as pink.

--

lafcpug mod
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics