DVD Studio Pro problem

Posted by markflynn 
DVD Studio Pro problem
May 02, 2011 07:31AM
I am making an interactive short film using dvd studio pro where the user can decide which path the main character takes. I am using tracks for the clips and menus for the decision screens. I am using psd overlays for when you hover over the buttons to make a decision, a short description appears. In the simulator this works fine but when burnt onto a dvd it does not highlight at all. So basically you cannot see which button you are selecting.

Would really appreciate any help here.

Mark
Re: DVD Studio Pro problem
May 22, 2011 04:15PM
This is a shortcoming of psd menus. It won't give you a roll over effect - you have to click each button to move between the different button states. However, this behaviour is not the same on all players... however, it is on the majority.

The way around it is to use a standard overlay menu and make the button highlight shape include the text that you want. If you do this you have to ensure the highlights for each button appear in a different place on the menu, so you are limited to the mount of text you can use - or rather, the amount of buttons!

You *could* use auto activating buttons and go to sub menus... this is what a psd based menu becomes anyway, but if you build it yourself you get to control it more.

Psd menus are also not going to support video or audio... personally, I stay as far away as I can from them!

--

lafcpug mod
Re: DVD Studio Pro problem
June 22, 2011 07:42PM
In PS, have you created the four layers? Icon, highlight, icon copy, mask are the layers you need.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics