PAL assets cannot be imported into an NTSC project.

Posted by jmickel 
PAL assets cannot be imported into an NTSC project.
May 24, 2011 02:57PM
I recently created a video in FCP 7.0.3, saved it as an .mov file then opened the .mov file in Compressor and compressed it to the standard DVD:Best Qualtiy 90 minute settings ? as I have done many times before. When I attempt to import the .mpg2 file into DVD Studio Pro, I get an error message that says: PAL assets cannot be imported into an NTSC project.

None of the workflow as involved PAL materials.

I trashed my Compressor preferences and my DVD Studio Preferences - neither of which helped.

As anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions?
Re: PAL assets cannot be imported into an NTSC project.
October 26, 2011 12:37PM
Create an NSTC version of your video at 720x480 and import that into DVD SP. Have DVD SP do the conversion. It sounds like compressor exported your video to PAL instead of NTSC.
Re: PAL assets cannot be imported into an NTSC project.
December 03, 2011 04:13PM
All assetts imported into DVDSP must conform to the project standard of either PAL or NTSC.

You can approach this in two ways:
  1. Go to [www.nattress.com] and use the FCP plug-in to convert your PAL video to NTSC.
  2. Use Cimema Tools to retime the 25fps PAL to 23.98 fps, and then use Compressor to reformat the PAL video to NTSC 23.98fps. You can try just using Compressor, but I have had better results with retiming before using Compressor.

I have used both, each with their pros and cons, but generally give similar results.

If you have Final Cut Studio, then you have Cimema Tools and Compressor, so give that a shot first. If that does not work for you, download the Nattress Standards Conversion Trial.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Thanks
Gary Sumlak
thumbprints Multimedia Inc.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
[www.thumbprints.ca]

*** Superior Film Transfers at a Reasonable Price ***
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics