frequent pref trashing

Posted by Mark Beal 
frequent pref trashing
June 22, 2011 10:11AM
For the last several months, I've had to start trashing my prefs every time I burn a DVD. Once I trash them, I'm good for the rest of the day, but the next time I need to burn, I get a "formatting failed" message. All other functions are working normally. Since it's predictable, I can work around it, but it's perplexing.

I'm using DVDSP 4.2.2 on a 2x2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon, 16 gigs ram, OS 10.6.7.
Re: frequent pref trashing
September 06, 2011 11:01AM
Have you ever tried printing out the pref file before trashing it, then printing the new one that's created after this and comparing the entries?

Or use something like BBEdit or Text Wrangler to do this?

I'd be really interested to know what is different between the two!

--

lafcpug mod
Re: frequent pref trashing
September 08, 2011 02:29PM
Preference Manager provides a function to lock the preference files to prevent modification. You could trash them, launch DVDSP and then lock them so that they can't become corrupt:
[www.digitalrebellion.com]

However, I suspect this may be due to your cache. Have you tried clearing out the contents of ~/Library/Caches/DVD Studio Pro Files?

My software:
Pro Maintenance Tools - Tools to keep Final Cut Studio, Final Cut Pro X, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro running smoothly and fix problems when they arise
Pro Media Tools - Edit QuickTime chapters and metadata, detect gamma shifts, edit markers, watch renders and more
More tools...
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics