Quality problems using effects
June 30, 2011 11:09AM
Hi, I finished a video with some "film look" effects, that looked great in my reference monitor, and the vectorscope also showed a correct image. When I burned the video on a DVD (I encoded it with DVD SP) the contrast turned too high and the image quality was pretty low. I set the enconding rate in DVD SP as VBR 6 -7 Mbps.
Has the quality problem to do with the effects?
Best,

Miguel Barreda Delgado
Realizador de Cine y Video
Arequipa, Perú
miguelbarreda@gmail.com
Re: Quality problems using effects
September 06, 2011 11:05AM
Hmm.. I'd almost certainly say the quality issue is as a result of using DVDSP to do your encoding. It's like using Quicktime to edit a feature film... it could be done, but you really don't get all the tools you need for a good job.

Re-encode this with Compressor, or any other decent encoder - the fact that DVDSP can encode stuff doesn't mean you should let it! The encoder is really there for those other assets, such as menu backgrounds and images that need encoding when building a disc - if you have really good video footage, use a really good encoder to do it justice!

--

lafcpug mod
Re: Quality problems using effects
October 30, 2011 11:42AM
I would highly recommend using DVDxDV, which I wrote, to rip the video back from the DVD. I've spent years ensuring that you are going to get the cleanest most accurate digital copy of what is on that DVD. It's far better than what your TV monitor is going to show you. Create a bunch of test patterns such as Color Bars and a grey scale ramp, and then run these patterns through your workflow. Rip the video back from the VIDEO_TS created by DVD SP with DVDxDV. Use the format command instead of the burn command, so you don't a bunch of wasted DVD blanks. This will save you a huge amount of time. If your test patterns are off, modify your workflow until you get the patterns to match in FCP. I created a youtube video on this.
DVDxDV use on 2 computers
December 03, 2011 10:31PM
Hi Brad,

I recently purchased DVDxDV and activate it on my desktop Mac. I would also like to have it on my MacBookPro. How can I activate it, or transfer the one I have on my desktop to my laptop?

Thank you!

gkasc@onestop.net
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics