Interlacing

Posted by georgewil 
Interlacing
October 24, 2011 03:20AM
I am working from AVCHD off my camera, transfer and edit in FCP. Then into DVDSP to a SD DVD (using compressor to compress). My question is, I need rectify the interlacing problem that appears in end result. I remember reading somewhere that I shouldn't de-interlace the footage, as this removes a field, thus reducing picture quality, but I can't remember the solution. What do I do?
Re: Interlacing
October 26, 2011 12:28PM
To avoid interlacing issues never feed DVD SP anything other than a standard definition video file. It doesn't scale video well. De-interlacing will completely change the look of the video and should be avoided. If your camera footage is interlaced, keep it interlaced all the way to the DVD.
October 27, 2011 01:26AM
Thanks Brad, it's in compressor where the file becomes 'stripey', where I am converting the file to SD. Do you know of any settings in FCP or compressor to help with this? Under frame controls, in Compressor, I'm trying to export with the deinterlace setting set to better, just takes ages to convert....
October 27, 2011 03:45PM
De-interlacing is tricky. You could export the video out of FCP and have it scale the video to SD. It will keep it interlaced if it actually is interlaced. I would recommend exporting to 720x480 anamorphic out of FCP.
October 28, 2011 01:20AM
Great, will give that a try too!
October 31, 2011 04:14AM
I solved the problem just by changing the sequence settings in FCP, under field dominance to none. Then just exported through compressor with their 90 min best encode settings. The de-interlace settings in compressor made the picture soft.
Anonymous User
November 14, 2011 03:20AM
I?m still learning from this blog, but I?m trying to reach my goals. I absolutely love reading everything that is written on your website.Keep the posts coming. I loved it!
Thank you for your good post,I really liked reading it
nfl jersey
nfl jackets
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics