Poor Quality DVD?

Posted by lazerbrains 
Poor Quality DVD?
November 04, 2011 03:59PM
I just created a menu, and added my video clips, and everything seemed to look pretty good in simulation, but when I burned the final disc everything is really pixelated. The video, as well as the menu. How can I clean this up. I am trying to make an SD DVD. I converted the video using Compressor for one clip, and the other was converted in DSP.

WHat can I do to get a crisper, unpixelated picture.
Re: Poor Quality DVD?
November 05, 2011 09:59AM
Check your workflow. DVDs are 720x480 for NTSC and 720x576 for PAL. Widescreen video is anamorphic not a different frame size. Resize all your video to this frame size before submitting it to the encoder. Don't submit HD video to any encoder. Check your resized footage in Final Cut Pro before proceeding to encode the footage. If that footage looks good at the scaled down size, proceed to encoding.

If you have trouble encoding your video to DVD, it could be the video itself. Not all video is compresses equally. You can save time by checking your footage before you burn it to DVD. I would recommend using the format command in DVD SP, and then using DVDxDV to rip the footage back from the VIDEO_TS folder. Check the ripped footage in FCP, if it looks good proceed to burn the DVD. If it looks bad, adjust your compressor settings.

Compression is just plain hard, but there are ways to make it less painful.
November 06, 2011 10:49PM
Thank you for the input, I finally got it to look decent by using the Apple PRoRes High Quality setting in Compressor. It made my 5 GB file 30 GB, but after DVD Studio Pro converted that 30 GB file, it looked ok. I am not sure why this is the way it had to be done, but am glad to have a reasonably good looking DVD. Seems like I should have been able to use the DVD settings to get a good looking DVD, but in this circumstance, this wasn't the case.
Anonymous User
November 14, 2011 03:19AM
I?m still learning from this blog, but I?m trying to reach my goals. I absolutely love reading everything that is written on your website.Keep the posts coming. I loved it!
Thank you for your good post,I really liked reading it
nfl jersey
nfl jackets
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics