Media type not supported?
December 19, 2012 03:32AM
Hi:

I am using DVD Studio Pro on a project that has 4 DVDs, with 3 videos on each. The 12 videos were assembled and edited on FCP 6.0.6 and exported on Compressor as MPEG-2s. I have followed the same routine dozens of times. This time, after successfully burning the first of the 4 DVDs, i got an error message when i went to play it on my imac. A prompt said: Media Type Not Supported. So, I went online, and came across an article by Ken Stone, suggesting a different way to process the project. I followed his directions, and first created a disc image, and played that on the DVD player. It was perfect. Then I burned it, as he suggested, using Disc Utility. And it went through a verification process. I got a "successful" prompt when it was finished. But again, when I went to play it, I got the same message: Media Type Not Supported. (I am using Sony DVD-Rs, and have used ones from the same batch before. also, I tried a DVD burned earlier from that same batch--different project-- and it played fine!)... The DVD doesn't play in my "regular" DVD player either...

When I opened the Video_TS files from the DVD, i was able to play them. Can't imagine why the DVD disc image would function, but not the DVD.

Any suggestions?... I recently moved to from L.A. to Hong Kong. but am using all my old equipment, with the same settings. So can't imagine how the location could affect it.

thanks,
Jim
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics