Hurricane Charley survivor...

Posted by grafixjoe 
Hurricane Charley survivor...
August 16, 2004 08:37AM
105 MPH winds have left my home without power since 5 PM on Friday. My studio is up on a generator to keep a signal going (which is how I am writing you now).

A tornado danced down the street behind my house - uprooting 100 year old trees onto neighbor's houses and crushing vehicles. My young son slept in the bathtub during the storm

It puts the PC / MAC thing in perspective, ya know?

To be continued...

Your New Friend,
- Joe
hd
Re: Hurricane Charley survivor...
August 17, 2004 07:36PM
Joe,

I'm so sorry and glad for you - sorry for the mess you endured (the cat thing is unbelievable; my condolences to your son and wife). But glad that it seems the main things - life and family - are bruised but intact.

Yep, puts Motion into perspective indeed. And on a lower level tells us to heed our animal pals when they give warning (I have a dog who basically loses his mind several hours before a thunderstorm).

Be well, new friend! :-)

hd
Re: Hurricane Charley survivor...
August 25, 2004 10:05PM
I bought land in Punta Gorda and right after it closed Charley came to town. I'm glad to see you and your family are okay. No one at work here in California knew where Punta Gorda was until Charley pointed the way. I've lived thru a hurricane in Jupiter Florida in the early 60's and an earth quake here in San Luis Obispo county that almost took my G4 but stupidly I stayed in the house and held on to the computer and monitor till it stopped shaking. Motion can wait for a year. Take care
RC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics