power cable not need for 9800 Mac SE

Posted by Josh 
power cable not need for 9800 Mac SE
September 04, 2004 02:51AM
If you order an ATI 9800 Mac Special Edition video card for your G5, you may be confused when page 11 of the manual clearly states the card must be connected to the G5's internal power supply and to use the included cable to Y the power from the optical drive.

However, the cable is missing from the package, and ATI knows nothing about anything as usual with a big company winking smiley

The truth is, the manual is wrong, extra power is not needed, just pop the card in and you're good to go.

I did some fps tests between the stock card and the 9800, I will post as soon as I get time. It is an improvement, but not as much as I would have thought!

Cheers,

Josh
www.dvcreators.net
Here is the reason,
[www.ertyu.org]

Based on the AGP 3.0 standard, the 0.8v is already supplied from the AGP i/o bracket on the G5.

Antonio Hui

You amaze me Antonio. How can you possibly find so many useful links? You must really know how to use Google

:-)

Mike
"How can you possibly find so many useful links?"

My technique is, when asking the first help from "Google", I always type the whole question not just the keywords. Form the response of Google, I could found which phase is the right keywords for my next search. Sometime just rephrase the question and try again.

Like the real world, we will not just told the keywords to the librarian on public library. We need to provide as mush as informations when asking help.

Antonio Hui

Oops.. .... We need to provide as much as informations when asking help.

sorry. I type the wrong word again.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics