Photo Montage - Sequence Layers Like AE?

Posted by Jon Watkins 
Does anyone have know if Motion has something similar to After Effects keyframe assistant "sequence layers". What this does is take all of your layers and staggers them accross the timeline uniformly with a selectable overlap.

For instance- I have 100+ photos that I import all at 6 seconds each in length- now I want to line them up in the timeline so that they play sequentially with about 1 sec. of transition overlap. The reason I'd like to do this in motion is that all photos will eventually be keyframed with pan & zoom which ain't much of a thrill ride to do in Final Cut and AE & I love the fast interaction that Motion provides to do such chores.

Yes- I could simply manually place each clip one after the other- but the AE "sequence layer" trick is so slick that I'd love to be able to do something similar in Motion. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jon
Re: Photo Montage - Sequence Layers Like AE?
June 30, 2005 03:45PM
Jon,

No...at least not in M1. Good idea for a "Feature Request" on the Apple site!

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

You can sequence the objects by selecting them all and dragging them all to the Canvas - wait before you let go of the mouse, and choose Sequential from the drop-down list. Only problem is you can't choose an overlap amount so you need to manually extend the out point of each object.
Mark
Thanks Mark! That's close enough!

Jon
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics