Motion on Panther and Tiger
August 30, 2005 04:19PM
I have 2 internal Hard drives
MAIN and
ARCHIVE

My Main runs 10.3.9 Panther
My Archive runs 10.4.2 Tiger

I use My Main 99% of the time FCP 4.5 AE 6.5 DVDSP 3

I installed FCP Studio which includes FCP 5, Motion 2, DVD SP 4,STP on my Archive Drive
but i don't need it yet.
I now need to work with motion 2

My question is
should i be able to launch motion while IM in Panther 10.3.9
i keep trying and all it does is bounce.
Or do i have to be in Tiger mode?

Thank you.
Re: Motion on Panther and Tiger
August 31, 2005 12:00AM
Personal opinion:

I do not like multiple OS's in one system. Double the software, double the preferences, double the trouble if you ask me.

If you NEED to work in Motion2, upgrade everything on your MAIN drive and you will have nothing to worry about.

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

August 31, 2005 09:53AM
"should i be able to launch motion while IM in Panther 10.3.9"

No, you can't launch an application that resides within another operating system environment. That application has its preferences and other controls within the os it was installed upon.

If you try to open Motion 2 that resides on ARCHIVE while booted into MAIN, you might get it to try to startup but it would act as though this were the first time it was ever started up, because it needs to build alll those preferences and such on the ARCHIVE operating system.

You'd be much better off loading Motion onto MAIN since it does run the minimum OS reguired for Motion 2.
August 31, 2005 12:03PM
Yes, motion 2 could run on OS 10.39 with the quicktime 7 installed. However, my motion 2 is upgraded from an upgrade pack for motion 1. so that, I'm not sure, is it be the same with the FCP studio upgrade pack (since, I don't have it at the moment)

Good Luck,
Antonio Hui

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics