I've been an arse... any workaround

Posted by Julian Bowman 
OK, lesson learnt... don't export reference files from FCP to use in motion designs.

Basically, this is what i've done. I never worried about it before because when i went back to rework the design for another project, and it said it couldn't find a file, i just cancelled that file instead of looking for it and replaced it when i opened it up

...now i've discovered what a fool i was being. basically i have a design i need to change the media in, but it won't open. It asks for the 7 files i used and when i've finished clicking cancel on all of them, it just doesn't open the project and won't allow me to open another project or try again. shutting down allows me to open another project, it just doesn't seem happy with these (there are 2 projects with this issue) projects.

i know now i should use self-contained QT files, and even better save it as a template with the numbered images in place of the clips, but can anyone shed any light on how to open these templates so i don't have to build them all again from scratch.

Ta.

Jules
Re: I've been an arse... any workaround
September 17, 2005 06:50PM
When I have this same type of problem openning old DVDSP projects I just delete the reference QTs in the finder and then go back and open the DVDSP project. It notifies me that the original files are missing and asks if I want to replace them with the encoded file, which I do. I assume since your replacing these files anyways you could do the same thing with Motion. By deleting them in the finder you will at leaast get Motion to open and then you can replace your missing footage with the new ones you will be using.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics