Particle drop shadow

Posted by josh 
Particle drop shadow
October 13, 2005 11:07AM
hey all,
Due to my lack of knowledge on what these things are called I will define some terms I am going to use in my question.

Particle unit: one spwned entity of my particle emitter (in this case a graphic)

ok, now the question:

I have a graphic that I have turned into a particle emitter. Now I would like to be able to have a drop shadow for each particle unit - turning on drop shadow for the emitter treats all units as one object - thus when 2 units are overlapping the shadow is dropped to the background only, not from one unit to another.

Any thoughts on how to achieve the desired result?

Thanks!
Re: Particle drop shadow
October 15, 2005 10:24AM
Maybe slow down the emitter and placr another one on a layer underneath. That way, the overlapping could be from 2 different emitters...
October 15, 2005 10:49AM
hmmm, that would be great if you could modify the z-space to merge the two - the same thing happens - if you have an emitter it is treated as a layer they do not live in 3d space - even if you apply the 3d filter - that only effects the plain of the emitter - not the particles themselves.
Greg Niles
October 17, 2005 01:54PM
Add the drop shadow to the source graphic, not the emitter. Now, every particle born using that graphic will have its own drop shadow.

-- Greg
October 17, 2005 05:38PM
Greg,
Great idea!

I evan sat with some of the "Guru's" in the Studio area of the apple store - they couldnt come up with a viable solution between 8 of them.

well done and thank you!

J
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics