Monday Night Football

Posted by grafixjoe 
Monday Night Football
December 26, 2005 10:13PM
I just saw a segment of the very last Monday Night Football telecast on ABC (switching over to ESPN starting in '06) using Motion's "Light-Open.NTSC" Template. They are using it for all the out-bumps with old MNF Factoids leading out to commercials. The Designer didn't even try to disguise it by color correction or compositing it...yikes.

A friggin' TEMPLATE on MNF! There's some LAZY-A$$ Designers out there. I can't believe THAT'S HOW I AM GOING TO REMEMBER the last ABC MNF Telecast.

Watch for them coming soon to a Demo near you!

- Joey

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

Re: Monday Night Football
December 29, 2005 11:31AM
I guess that just says the Motion templates are pretty damn good out of the box!
December 29, 2005 01:55PM
They are pretty damn good out of the box...but in a Broadcast Environment where millions of people see the work, it becomes immediately recognizable as "canned" and not "created". Lazy Artist...that's all it is. He / she will probably put it on his / her demo.

IMHO...that says that these "Broadcast Designers" don't care if people say "HEY...that's a MOTION TEMPLATE!!!" The most brilliant thing I learned in Film School was "If you must use something like a plug-in, you have to make it look organic - like no plug-ins were used". It took me a while to understand what that meant. It hit me when a bunch of us were sitting around the TV - counting the plug-ins used in commercials.

- Joey

December 29, 2005 03:00PM
Joey,

Keep in mind that 99% of the people watching this have no idea what Motion is (or After Effects either), they just like glitzy flash when they are sucking down gallons of beer and sheets of pizza.

Those of you just "sitting around" were probably graphic aware. Don't forget, for years there were only Chyron generated graphics, and they are boxed sets also.
December 30, 2005 02:05AM
..still. As a Designer...it bothers me.

January 05, 2006 04:29PM
I'm with ya Joe, let's hunt 'em down.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics