can text behaviors go on a keyed object?

Posted by simone 
can text behaviors go on a keyed object?
March 28, 2007 03:42PM
This might be a stupid question, since it is implied that any behavioir called a text behavior can only go on text... but I'd sure love to have my keyed-over logo do some sort of glowing or sparkeling as it flies in. Is that possible?
Re: can text behaviors go on a keyed object?
March 29, 2007 12:04AM
Text behaviors can only be applied to text. That said, no reason your logo can't do some glowing and sparkling - investigate the glow filter category and the particle emitters in the Library.
March 29, 2007 10:05PM
I played with those a bit, but they only seem to affect the object itself. What I wanted was some kind of glowing trail coming off it as it moves.

I found the rocket ship and oil well fires and stuff, but I could not figure out how to attach the fire to the moving object. The object just flew by, and the fire popped up but stayed in one spot.
March 29, 2007 10:08PM
That's not hard to do - one way is to put the particle system and your object into a layer and then animate the layer. Another way is to animate the object, then in the Inspector, drag the Position property for the object onto the emitter to copy the object's keyframes onto the emitter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics