Motion 2: text out of place when switching to FCP

Posted by John K 
Motion 2: text out of place when switching to FCP
July 20, 2007 06:46PM
I have a show I'm cutting in DVCProHD and I'm using Motion for all my lower-thirds and titles. In addition, there are little "pills" that pop up during the show that name the object on screen; they're pill-shaped colored boxes with text layered on top of them. There's 58 of them so far in the project and I don't render out QT movies I just bring them in as Motion files to FCP.

Several times now I've had issues where objects don't stay where I place them between Motion and FCP. For instance, I'll align the text of a pill so that it's centered within it. I save it and flip back to FCP and the Motion file updates but the text is not centered. Flip back to Motion, everything is fine. Move the text again, save, back to FCP, same problem. At this point I have to shift the text radically to one side until it shows up correctly in FCP. If I import a QT file with Alpha it looks OK (but I'm not gonna do that for all 58)

Anyone else see this kind of problem? Could just be an issue with this one font maybe, or a problem with fonts in Motion overall?

JK

MacPro 2.66, 4GB, 250+500GB, FCS 1, Motion 2.1.2. Postscript Font: Helvetica Rounded

July 20, 2007 07:07PM
I can confirm I have seen a similar issue with Motion project files embedded in a Final Cut Pro sequence - version 3.0.1, etc. I ended up rendering out QT movies (animation with alpha) and importing those into FCP to work around the issue. Real annoying.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics