Importing my Illustrator projects to Motion 3?

Posted by jabber13 
Importing my Illustrator projects to Motion 3?
November 27, 2007 05:13PM
I'd like to build my graphics in Illustrator and bring them straight into Motion but it isn't working. PSD's from Photoshop work fine, but EPS and AI files from Illustrator.... nothing.

Motion explicitly says in its manual that you can import images from Illustrator but I'm clearly having a problem with this.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Importing my Illustrator projects to Motion 3?
November 27, 2007 05:16PM
EPS files won't work; AI files should work fine, but I usually save as PDFs, so try that. In Motion, make sure to turn off fixed resolution if you want to scale things up over 100%.
November 27, 2007 05:26PM
I've tried that. The issue I have is that my vector based graphics get rasterized and losing that defeats the purpose of using Illustrator.

Is there a way to keep the graphics vector based and get them into Motion?
November 27, 2007 05:32PM
The transition from EPS or AI to PDF is fine. The graphics retain their vector based properties. But as soon as I drop the PDF into Motion and zoom in or scale up... its pixelated and blurry. That's what I'm trying to remedy.
November 27, 2007 05:35PM
Like I told you, you need to turn off fixed resolution in Motion. Select the media in the Media tab of the Project pane, then in the Media tab of the Inspector, uncheck the checkbox for Fixed Resolution.
November 27, 2007 05:37PM
word. thanks. got it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics