creating drop zones

Posted by jimdiedrich 
creating drop zones
November 21, 2007 03:16PM
I am making a title shoot and am new to Motion. I have 15 seconds where I need to have 4 vertical panels completing filling the screen. Each panel will change video material every 2 seconds. I understand how to use key frames to change the panels but am not certain about ensuring that each panel is equal is size. I am also concerned about minimizing distortion as I scale down the drop panels. Any suggestions as to best way to do this project?
Re: creating drop zones
November 21, 2007 03:19PM
A dropzone can only have one object placed inside it, so I don't think that's the way you want to go - what you describe is easy enough to do directly in FCP by scaling and/or cropping, I would just do it there.
November 21, 2007 03:23PM
I tried scaling and cropping in FCP but had a hard time making each panel equal in size. Do you know of ways I can mark the canvas or make sure each panel is equal in size?
November 21, 2007 03:25PM
Scale and crop one - then duplicate it and replace the media with paste attributes. Repeat.
November 26, 2007 07:40AM
I actually wound up using masks as the allowed less distortion of video shots but was given the wrong information for length of project. It has now been changed to a 4.14 minute music video with the 4 panel screen changing about every 2 or 3 seconds. We are following the beat of an Irish drum. Would you still suggest following the same method in FCP?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics