Motion blur on green screen

Posted by Brett R 
Motion blur on green screen
November 19, 2007 11:42AM
Yesterday I filmed a interview infront of a green screeen using my Canon HDV camera (shutter speed 1/30). I noticed after in post that every time my subject moves his hand there is some green mixed in with the motion blur from his hand. I was wondering if anyone had a quick solution. All the post has been done in final cut studio 2. I know I could possibly use shake or motion to rotoscope each frame but I was looking for something that could be quicker. Any help would be much appreciated.
Re: Motion blur on green screen
November 19, 2007 11:51AM
How did you key the shot? Did you use any spill suppression to counteract the green?
November 19, 2007 05:21PM
I did use spill suppression, his hands are moving too fast. I just figured out a solution. I sent the clip to motion keyed it there then sent it back to FCP and keyed it again (in FCP). It seems that Motion is more acurate in keying the same goes for Shake. Thanks for your help.
November 29, 2007 12:09PM
Hi,

First of all, make sure you are watching your key on an NTSC monitor. Often, green interlaced lines show up on the computer monitor that don't show up on the NTSC monitor, and won't be in your final project.

Second of all, in similar situations I've found it handy to duplicate the foreground layer, take the key off the lower layer and replace it with Primatte. It creates a matte from your foreground that sort of buttresses the key on the top layer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics