Transitions in Motion

Posted by shelleyrae 
Transitions in Motion
May 31, 2008 08:16AM
Hi,

Since Motion doesn't recognize filters and transitions created in Final Cut, I'm unsure of the workflow for a sequence that has transitions. If I send my clip sequence to Motion without transitions then roundtrip back to FC it comes back as one clip. I would have to blade where the transitions are supposed to be and then apply the transitions. That doesn't seem right.

How do I deal with transitions in Motion? Is there a tutorial somewhere that focuses on this topic?

Thanks.

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Re: Transitions in Motion
May 31, 2008 09:11AM
I would just recreate the transitions in Motion - if you are using something that is difficult to make in Motion (like a page peel), then export just that section of the fcp timeline as a self-contained movie, reimport and replace that section to "bake" it in before sending to Motion.
May 31, 2008 09:19AM
Sorry for my ignorance, but how do I create transitions in Motion? I don't recall running across material that shows how to work with transitions in Motion other than the fade in fade out behavior.

Are there any tutorials you can point me to?

Thanks,

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
May 31, 2008 09:21AM
The Fade In/Fade Out behavior will cover your cross-dissolves; what other types of transitions are you trying to recreate? There are many ways depending on what you want to do - one is to use an animation of white to black or black to white as an image mask.
May 31, 2008 09:23AM
The bottom of this article shows one example

[www.kenstone.net]
May 31, 2008 09:36AM
Looks like that example with replicator could give endless possibilities -- I'll play around with that -- thanks.

I'm also interested in using objects as transitions like the plug in "SupraWipe"
For an example, please see: [www.supawipe.com]

Kevin Monahan's book shows how to use an object as a transition in FC but then as you say I would have to make a Quicktime file and export it to Motion. Seems like it would be easier to just create it in Motion if I knew how.

Also I'm interested in creating a nice flash - like Gram's G-Flash.

Thanks.

Shelley
MacBoo Pro 2015
16 GB Ram
OS X 10.13
Premiere Pro CC
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics