When importing, make group length

Posted by ClayC 
When importing, make group length
September 19, 2008 10:49AM
There's gotta be a way, can't find it:

when I bring in photos or graphics, or create text or create a shape in an existing group (i.e. a group that has a shorter duration than the project), how do I tell Motion to make the items I'm importing (or creating) to be of the same duration as the group?

I'm wasting a lot of time trimming durations constantly.

Clay
Re: When importing, make group length
September 19, 2008 12:05PM
Your only options are to have them be created the length of the project (the default), or to start at the playhead location (which you can change in Preferences).

To trim quickly, I use keyboard short cuts - e.g., select the group, press shift-O to go to it's outpoint, press down arrow to select the layer, press O to trim it to the playhead.

If the playhead was at the start of the group when you brought in the graphic and you set your prefs, you are now done. 3 keystrokes.
Re: When importing, make group length
September 22, 2008 04:00AM
Thanks Mark. Yup, that's the way we've been doing it. I thought/hoped that perhaps there was a modifier to automate the process.

Maybe a good feature request, something like being able to Option-drag to a group and bingo, the object times, or in the case of a clip, re-times it's duration to the group's duration.

Clay
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics